MenDan Wine Cave
We're proudly announcing that as of beginning of August our gastronomic selection has been widened with a new service, the huge wine cooler of the hotel has been completed, where our guests can find a wide variety of special wines and wine speciality.
In the beginning of August we have completed our own wine cave, so our guests - beside the regular selection of Hungarian wines -, will find an even wider selection of the same, and in addition to those, we keep foreign wines also on offer.
Wine list of Hungarian and foreign wines
Our wine cave keeps more,than 500 kind of wines on stock, including all wines from every wine region of Hungary, representing selections of several prestigious winery paying special attention to the earlier front runner Zala wines.
The Sapphire restaurant, where earlier you could find Hungarian wines only, will keep more French wines and wine speacialities on the wine-list in the future to impress the gourmet ones and those who enjoys quality wines.
Wine selection of MenDan is fully in compliance with today's professional tastes and demands, among our wines we have both traditional and modern technology made ones on the list.
Most of our wines are dry quality, but those who prefer sweet wine, will also find their favourite ones, and obviously we didn't forget about ladies guests. We keep extra wide selection of Rose wines on list.
We keep our staff constantly well trained to be able to help you to make the correct choice for providing the harmony between food and drinks.
You can also have the chance to taste the delicious wines of MenDan Wine Cave!
MenDan Wine Dictionary
- Dry wine: no residual sugar, the wine tastes pleasantly tart and acidic.
- Sweet and semi sweet wines: the unfermented sugar makes the wine sweeter or less sweet.
- Bitter wine: the characteristic flavor of tanim, the elegant sourness - these are the desirable
- characters for the wines aged in new oak barrels
- Wines with velvet touch: feature of harmonius red wines with fine tanim
- Young, crisp wines: taste typical for young wines with vivid acidity
- Full-blooded wine: hard, firm wines with definite acidity
- Wine in harmony: the acidic taste, sugar and alcohol content, the flavorand aroma of the wine are in perfect harmony with each other
- Characteristic wine: typical scents and aromas
- Light wine: sweet, soft, low-alcohol wines
- Heavy wine: high alcohol content, rich in extracts